Thursday, April 5, 2012


Spring is here and I haven't felt much like writing or painting or doing much of anything creative ... but I have sat in the warmth of the sun and watched the first baseball practice of the season ... chased my daughter up and down bleachers and felt the wind in my hair. Driven on the open road and felt life opening up and bursting at the seams with color and new shoots of green everywhere. A personal reminder of the seasons and the need for hibernation and the explosions of life which happen after. 


Today I am packing for a little road trip down to Virginia and thinking of all the new life I need to be living. For now though, it's all in my head and that's OK. I will read and listen to music and make lists and think and think and somewhere in the quietness of all that daydreaming and watching the buds grow, something will flourish. 


As that famous Bear Pooh said a long long time ago :
'Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.'


Sometimes in Spring it's enough to fall in love with the season and to simply sit and watch.


Here's wishing you the joys of spring this weekend and a Happy Happy Easter if you celebrate it.


x


In the theme of Spring, my window collage for the bakery's Easter window ...



x

No comments: