Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Apple picking ...


For me the first time we go apple picking means the beginning of Fall and it's one of my favorite family outings that we've adopted since we moved to America ... the days are still hot and sunny but the leaves are slowly turning and a trip to one of the orchards always makes me feel more in tune ... maybe it's the need to walk some fields every now and then, the scent of apples and watching things grow. Something I often think about, living in a suburban area as we do, is the lack of connection with the land and the outdoors, especially for Lexi and Hayden ... it's the walking wild grasses and seeing the starlings take flight - black patterns woven across the blue sky. 

On Sunday we took the day and went to pick our apples and in between the lovely time spent with friends and the kids hunting for the perfect apples was the pure happiness to be outside with green space around me ...

We took a hayride to the orchard, we picked our apples and walked across the fields. We ate doughnuts and drank coffee in the sun.

All the time I was thinking that this is what I need more of ... less city and more fields












2 comments:

Janelle said...

thanks for swinging by ngorobob and your kind words! love your blog...quickly whizzing through it before my first english class! will be back for more. x janelle

Silvia Byrne said...

Thank you Janelle, so lovely to find your comment here x