Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thankful

Today I am Thankful. 

Over-the-moon thankful for Mothers that fly across seas to come a-visiting. Mine arrived yesterday and it's wonderful to have her sitting right across the table from me drinking coffee like she's here every day. Along with magazines and chocolates (South Africa does make the best, sorry Switzerland) she came with some special family treasures for me in her suitcase too - pieces which used to belong to my grandparents - they hold memories of growing up with them, their home my second one. It's lovely to have those reminders with me now, a bit of my childhood here in my home.

Thankful for the beautiful painting she was carrying when she arrived. A painting by South African artist Melanie du Toit, a surprise gift from my brother and sister-in-law (thank you thank you thank you). It was made for the wall it is hanging on in the living room and i love it. Really really love it. Teacup on a chair, a bicycle, hearts, stripey tights and gold undies hanging from the line. Shoes. A church. A bit of home. It's beautiful.





And Thankful for friends who send surprise parcels our of the blue when i most needed it. ee cummings from my bucket list. Thank you D.

x

i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the blue leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings; and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any - lifted from the no
of all nothing - human merely being
doubt unimaginable You ?

(now the ears of my ears awake and 
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)








4 comments:

meyoucoffee said...

That painting is lovely. Bet it adds sunshine to your home.

Pete

dandelion dreamer said...

Loving the heart shaped leaves and wacky perspective! How lovely to have your mum there with you! :)

Silvia Byrne said...

Thanks so much ... it's been lovely having her here ... and having a new painting on my wall.

Silvia Byrne said...

I do love it x