Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

The light has been really beautiful lately ... blue skies and golden light. In spite of hurricane and snowstorm, there are still leaves clinging to the trees (a lovely example of resilience) and some of them are glowing gold and red in the late fall sunshine.


Today is the day to be Thankful, and as we made our plans to gather with friends and planned the food to be prepared, I thought about what it means to be thankful. Grateful. For me it means taking stock of what I have, right now, instead of always looking to the past or future - both of which I find myself falling into now and then. Instead of only thinking about where I want to be, what I want to have achieved, what I want to be doing in the future, the kind of person I want to be, what I don't have right now, where things fall short. It means being thankful for what is there today, right now. For the little things. For the big hugs. For the journeys taken and the life lived. For the friends and family, even if they are far away. Just deep breath in and being Thankful.


Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving today. And to those of you not celebrating, wishing you much to be Thankful for today.

   (Turkey by Lexi)
x

No comments: