Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ava Maria

It's hard to read the news some days .... it makes me want to hide under the covers and run for the hills, somewhere far away where it will not find me with it's stories of death and savagery and hatred. Just the past few days there's been the hostage situation in Sydney, an awful family shooting spree here in the States, and a Taliban School massacre I read about first thing this morning. It was the anniversary of Sandy Hook this week. It's just a little way away from where I live. Just to name a few.

And so this morning this is what I wanted to share ... I think about how it's almost Christmas, how in the midst of all the turmoil and darkness there will still be light - that there are people always doing beautiful things, like the 'I'll Ride With You' sentiment in Sydney ... how hearts swell to love and take care of those around them when it's needed. That prayers are still answered, in the midst of despair.

Wishing you light and love and peace during this holiday season.